Friday, October 16, 2009

This Is Halloween



List of Objects:

Jack Skellington
Moon
Spiral Hill
Fence
Pumpkins
Grave Markers
Text

This is a very dark image mostly colored with a dark purple and black contrasted with some bright yellow and orange. Your eye is first caught by the giant bright yellow moon in the background which is encompassing Jack. From there your eyes wander down the hill to the text that is also a bright yellow, reading "The Nightmare Before Christmas." Finally your eyes fallow the pumpkin patch around the spiral hill, completing the journey back at the moon.

With my favorite holiday coming up, I couldn't help but putting the poster from my favorite holiday movie up on my blog. I love how Tim Burton uses dark disturbing artwork to convey uplifting and meaningful messages. He's just so silly. Usually scary is just scary, but Tim Burton twist that emotion and makes it fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment